Mosquitoes are out in force and the best thing is to avoid them at all cost, but if you are unlucky and have been bitten by one here are some remedies that may help to stop the itch. Most of these you should find in your cupboards at home.
- Rub the Bite with dry soap.
- Apply an ice pack to the bite, to reduce swelling.
- Mix a paste of baking powder and water and apply to the bite.
- Apply Lavender Essential Oil or Tea Tree Essential oil with a swab to the bite.
- Rub a piece of freshly cut onion or garlic onto the bite. (this might be a bit stinky but a good option)
- Dab a bit of toothpaste onto the bite.
- Dab a bit of vinegar onto the bite or if you have a few bites run a bath and put a cup of vinegar into the bath and soak for 5 minutes.
- Aloe Vera is a wonderful plant and can also help with relief from nasty mozzie bites.
- Dab some Natural Raw Honey onto the bite.
- Make a paste with finely ground salt and water and apply to bite.
- Cut a lemon or lime and rub over bite.
Hope these might help! But the best option is to not be bitten in the first place and that is another post.